Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Mission Statement

My new sister-in-law (@samsobieck) encouraged me to kick off this blog with a mission statement.  The mission statement will help me focus, at least initially, on a set of topics and a schedule.  Maybe its natural, but I feel this weight of nervousness of not being able to write consistently.  I hope with a simple focus and unaggressive schedule, I can keep on top of the writing!

Having said that, my focus is going to be on business, tech, and security and how they merge from the perspective of a first-time technology executive.  I expect some posts will be from personal experience while others will be reviews of products or processes.
In the summer of 2011, I was appointed Chief Information Officer (CIO) of our small business, Capriccio Software, Inc.  I am new to the role, but feel its in my comfort zone.  After working for a handful of large and small organizations over the past 10 years, I have learned to have a systems view and to value the business side of IT, not just the technology itself.  Hopefully this is a good starting point for a budding CIO.
Writing code is my passion and my main work, so I'll probably get geeky and in the weeds of the technologies, maybe even some code tutorials.

Here's to 2012!

No comments: